Our Mission is the Great Commission.
Our local church history actually began in Toledo, Oregon. The Church of the Nazarene was started there in 1938, but after about six years, found that the best chance for growth was to relocate the small congregation to Newport. The congregation started holding services in Newport, and on June 7, 1945 the Newport Church of the Nazarene was officially organized with six adults and five children by District Superintendent E.E. Martin. Newport Nazarene built their first building in 1947 (currently the Eagles building on Hwy 20).
The Newport Church of the Nazarene has had 13 pastors since its conception. Pastor Andy Albright is our current pastor. This congregation has always had very strong family values and it is not uncommon to have three and four generations of the same family worshiping together on Sunday morning. Family is a huge part of what this faith community is all about.